IN PICTURES: Harrogate Town's biggest FA Cup moments

Harrogate Town entertain 2008 winners Portsmouth in the first round proper of the FA Cup on Monday evening.

Saturday, 9th November 2019, 12:24 pm
Updated Saturday, 9th November 2019, 1:18 pm
Harrogate Town lose a penalty-shoot out against Torquay United at Wetherby Road.

Here's a selection of images from some of the club's more memorable encounters in the competition from season 2005/06 to present.

Harrogate Town's Danny Holland challenges James Sharp during the FA Cup first round replay clash with Torquay United at Wetherby Road on November 15, 2005.
Roy Hunter on the ball for Town during their 0-0 replay draw with Torquay. The initial tie at Plainmoor had ended 1-1, Danny Holland the man on target for Town.

Sign up to our daily Harrogate Advertiser Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Gareth Grant chases down the ball.
The Town players celebrate a penalty save by goalkeeper Michael Price before eventually losing 6-5 to Torquay in the shoot-out at Wetherby Road.
Seven years later, Town drew Torquay once again in the first round and made history by progressing courtesy of a 1-0 victory on the road. Chib Chilaka scored the only goal of the game on 19 minutes.
That triumph over Torquay set up Town's first-ever FA Cup second round encounter, at home to Hastings United on December 1, 2012.
A bumper crowd of 2,926 came through the Wetherby Road turnstiles.
Tom Platt gave Town a 41st-minute lead, however the Ryman League Premier Division visitors equalised just after the hour-mark to force a replay.
Paul Beesley twice went close for the home side.
Chib Chilaka, the hero of the first-round win at Torquay, rattled the Hastings cross-bar with a late header.
Town supporters cheer on their team.
Three young Harrogate supporters enjoy the magic of the FA Cup.
In the replay, Town fell behind when Hastings' Lee Carey converted from the penalty spot.
Shane Killock challenges Dee Okojie as Town battle for a way back into the game. However, with 89 minutes on the clock, they were still trailing...
...that was until Tom Platt popped up to score once again, his last-gasp strike from Dave Merris' cross forcing the tie into extra-time.
It was however Hastings who held their nerve to win the penalty shoot-out 5-4, earning themselves a money-spinning third-round trip to Middlesbrough, a game they eventually lost 4-1.
Fast forward to October 2019 and Mark Beck's double sealed a 2-1 fourth qualifying round success over Yorkshire rivals FC Halifax Town. Harrogate then drew Portsmouth...