H & D LEAGUE: Shane Hands Hill first win since November

Harlow Hill claimed a first Harrogate & District Football League Premier Division victory since early November when they edged past Pannal Sports.

Tuesday, 21st February 2017, 2:01 pm
Updated Tuesday, 28th February 2017, 11:40 am
Harlow Hill's Shane Hand in action against Pannal Sports. Picture: Adrian Murray

Shane Hand netted the only goal of the game late on to secure a 1-0 success and move his side up one place to fifth in the table.

Hill were indebted to goalkeeper Lewis Murray who produced a number of fine saves to leave Pannal frustrated, helping the visitors end their five-game losing run in the top flight.

Knaresborough Celtic’s title hopes suffered another blow when they were held to a 4-4 draw by Hampsthwaite United.

Brian Davey’s team were knocked off top spot when they lost to rivals Kirk Deighton Rangers last time out, and they missed out on the chance to re-claim pole position when they failed to take maximum points from Saturday’s clash at Thistle Hill.

George Tyreman and Simon Swales moved the Celts into a commanding position at 2-0 up, but two strikes either side of the break brought United back on terms.

Swales restored his team’s advantage only for a quick-fire double to put Hampsthwaite in the lead for the first time at 4-3.

Knaresborough finished the stronger, however, and Matt Adamson tied things up at 4-4 with five minutes remaining

Bedale Town scored three goals before half-time on their way to a 4-0 triumph on the road at rock-bottom Kirkby Malzeard.

Jonny Rayner set them on their way with a 17th-minute opener, and Jonny Morris doubled the lead 20 mintes later.

Rayner struck again before the interval and Ross Hodgson registered in the 69th minute to round off the scoring.

Bedale’s Colin Anderson was sent off with 15 minutes to go, but the away side had already done more than enough to secure the points.

Lee Tattersall continued his fine form in front of goal to help Pateley Bridge consolidate second place in Division One.

After scoring four times in last weekend’s win over Bramhope, he bagged a brace in a 3-0 victory at Beckwithshaw Saints Reserves.

Tattersall’s first arrived in the 27th minute before Kevin Slinger made it 2-0 a minute before the break.

A second goal for Tattersall in the last minute then put a gloss on the scoreline for Shaun Gill’s team who are now three points clear of third-placed Knaresborough Celtic Reserves.

Dalton Athletic won a league game for the first time in more than two months when they overcame Hampsthwaite FC by a 3-1 scoreline.

Nigel Binks, Dion Costick and Chris James were the men to get their names on the scoresheet for Athletic.

Bramhope came out on top in a seven-goal thriller at Helperby United.

Isaac Hall, Tom Landale, Will Raddings and Lewis Young netted for the victors in a game that they led 1-0 at half-time, while Thomas Orton, Dan Marston and Simon Webster got the Helperby goals.

Leaders Thirsk Falcons made it 13 wins in 14 league games when they thrashed Bardsey 9-1 on home soil.

Josh Hughes’ 83rd-minute consolation strike was the only highlight of a difficult afternoon for Bardsey, who have now lost four of their last five first division fixtures.