Football round-up: Tad extend run as Railway lose

Harrogate Railway in action
Harrogate Railway in action

Top of the table Tadcaster Albion stretched their unbeaten league run to 24 games but were denied three points by 10-man Thackley on Saturday.

Paul Marshall’s men travelled to fourth-placed Thackley five points clear at the top.

But the hosts soon brought them to earth when Chris Davey opened the scoring after six minutes.

An own goal brought Albion level and Carl Stewart then put the visitors ahead in the second-half.

An injury to goalkeeper Leon Wrigglesworth saw Tad defender Will Pepper take over the gloves before Thackley were reduced to ten men.

Despite falling a man down, the hosts fought back and rescued a point when James Firth scored with five minutes left on the clock.

Former ‘keeper Sam Dobbs came back to haunt Harrogate Railway as his new side Ossett Albion stole a 1-0 win at Station View.

Both teams struggled with the windy conditions and chances were at a premium.

Railway’s Paul Beesley came closest to opening the scoring but his lob went narrowly wide.

Dobbs then kept Lawrence Hunter’s shot out with a sprawling save before Rail’ were caught cold at the start of the second period and Fernando Moke pounced.

Railway toiled to get back into the game however the Ossett Town defence kept Rail’ at bay.

The defeat dropped Billy Miller’s men below Town to 13th in Evo-Stik First Division North.

Meanwhile, Knaresborough Town rose to eighth in NCEL Division One after thrashing Hall Road Rangers 4-0 at Manse Lane.

Danny Wright headed over from Graham Whitehead’s cross early on and a Will Lenehan header from a Wright corner was saved by Ryan Robinsonr.

Another Wright header put Knaresborough in front in the 32nd minute. Josh Garbutt chased ball to the goal line wide on the left and centred for the winger ot head home.

A Colin Heath effort was saved before Wright set up Garbutt to fire home from just outside the penalty area after 39 minutes.

After half time, Heath shot narrowly wide after hard work from Garbutt before he made it 3-0, side-footing home from a Whitehead cross from the left.

Joe Clement had shot wide for the visitors and they got into the game a little more causing Weston Murau to do a little more work to keep out an Adams shot and preventing Ben Silburn from scoring.

Heath had a shot saved from a George Eustance pass and Robinson made a fine save from Wright’s volley before a fourth goal arrived in stoppage time.

Garbutt dribbled into the penalty area and looked to have been tripped, but the defender fell on the ball and handled to concede a penalty.

Garbutt was quick to claim the ball and struck home the award to round off a fine overall showing by his side.

Ripon City’s West Yorkshire League home clash to Otley Town was abandoned due to injury after 60 minutes with the score at 1-1.

Table topping Bardsey edged their derby against Wetherby Athletic 1-0, Rob Dickinson grabbing the only goal.