I would like to pay my own personal tribute ‘in verse’ for Harrogate’s well-merited hat trick of success in being named as the happiest town in the UK.
I’m 89 next birthday, married for 61 years, with five grown up children, five grandchildren and two great grandchildren, and whilst my travelling days are over, I can still enjoy Betty’s gastronomical culinary specialities that I receive in the post, which are mouth-watering delights.
Well, here goes:
1. Harrogate, happiest town in Yorkshire, is quite unique and seven days without its many amenities makes one weak.
2. Harrogate, happiest town in Yorkshire, rose to fame by putting tea rooms like Betty’s behind their name.
3. Visit happy Harrogate ‘cos it’s the best, head and shoulders above Chester and York and the rest.
4. For beautiful amenities of a quality that’s rare, happy Harrogate is the place, so don’t go elsewhere.
5. Happy Harrogate reigns supreme, getting high amenities standards seldom seen.
Thanks for all the happy memories.