Strange but true, National charity Canine Partners has been celebrating its 25th anniversary by revealing some amazing statistics about its lovable dogs.
Over the years, its assistance dogs have helped improve the lives of people with even the most complex of physical disabilities.
These specially trained dogs undertake an amazing range of tasks, improving everyday lives.
There 's even been a case of a dog handing a bus pass to the driver!
Useful ways in which dogs help their disabled partner...
1. Dog retrieving cash and card from an ATM! (36 per cent of respondents)
2. Handing the disabled person pegs to hang out washing (22 per cent)
3. Dog flushing the toilet (six per cent)
4. Picking up dropped items (90 per cent)
5. Carrying items (82 per cent)
6. Undressing the partner (76 per cent)
7. Helping with shopping (52 per cent)
8. Boosting confidence and giving emotional support (50 per cent)
Canine Partners charity is also working in partnership with Help for Heroes, and aims to train dogs to meet the needs of people with even the most complex disabilities including members of HM armed forces.
More information at www.caninepartners.org.uk