The bus firm’s move comes as young people prepare to return to school five months on from the start of lockdown restrictions.
The company also says increasing number of customers are also returning to its services for work and leisure trips now that travel restrictions have eased, with added reassurance from its unique 'Clean, Safe and Ready to Go' customer promise to provide the highest standards of cleanliness and safety on all of its buses.
The Harrogate Bus Company’s General Manager Frank Stanisauskis said: “With increased and thorough cleaning of each bus, clear safety guidance on board and a warm welcome from our amazing team, the time is right to welcome more of our customers back to the bus.
“Recognising that working patterns for many have changed, we’re now offering flexible ticket bundles as part-time home working has risen in popularity. All of these are available instantly on our Transdev Go mobile app, which also tracks every service throughout its route and shows our customers how much capacity there is on every bus at any point in the journey.
“We’re ready to help people travelling back to work, back to the shops, back to leisure and back to education, while also reducing traffic congestion and air pollution in our local towns and cities. It’s time to come back to the bus.”
From this Sunday September 6, the following changes will be introduced:
· The 36: Ripon and Harrogate to Leeds – normal timetable resumed with extra journeys between Leeds and Harrogate during weekday morning rush hour. As late opening venues remain closed, no late-night buses will run from Leeds on Saturday nights
· The 1: Harrogate to Knaresborough – normal timetable resumed with minor changes around school times, including an S1 morning bus from Harrogate to King James School in Knaresborough, and a return bus in the afternoon, both reserved for school students only
· 2A and 2B: Harrogate to Bilton – normal timetable resumed
· 3: Harrogate to Jennyfield – normal timetable resumed
· 6: Harrogate to Pannal Ash – normal timetable resumed
· 7: Harrogate to Wetherby then Leeds – normal timetable resumed
· 8: Harrogate to Knaresborough then Wetherby – normal timetable resumed
· 21: Knaresborough to Boroughbridge then Roecliffe – normal timetable resumed
· 22 and 23: Knaresborough and Ripon to Boroughbridge and York – normal timetable resumed
· 24: Harrogate to Pateley Bridge – a new timetable will be introduced with an added journey to Nidderdale School
Full details of all services operated by The Harrogate Bus Company, including timetables and travel advice, are available online at: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/harrogate