Elderly lady rescued from house fire

Firefighters rescued an elderly lady from her burning home after a grill pan caught fire.

Monday, 23rd February 2015, 10:41 am

North Yorkshire fire and rescue service were called to the bungalow on Hall Lane at around 11:40am on Sunday (February 22) and two fire engines rushed to the scene.

Sign up to our daily Harrogate Advertiser Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The elderly lady suffered smoke inhalation and was treated by paramedics.

The fire started in the kitchen with a grill pan and caused 50 per cent damage to the whole of the property.