Dental surgery fire in Ripon prompts emergency response

Emergency services were called to a fire in a Ripon dental studio in High Skellgate on Thursday, December 4.

By The Newsroom
Friday, 5th December 2014, 6:00 pm
Fire Service.Generic Fire engine and Fire service officers for Scarborough.Picture Richard Ponter 132217c
Fire Service.Generic Fire engine and Fire service officers for Scarborough.Picture Richard Ponter 132217c

Two fire crews from Ripon station were mobilised after a steam cleaning machine caught fire, producing smoke and acid fumes which clogged the upper floor.

Sign up to our daily Harrogate Advertiser Today newsletter

Crews were forced to use breathing apparatus while removing the machine, before ventilating the property, and confirmed that nobody was in the property upon arrival.