Workers in Yorkshire and the Humber have revealed what they think are the top ten most socially awkward situations that inevitably happen at work.
The research, conducted as part of the British Heart Foundation’s (BHF) new Raise Funds Your Way campaign to get workplaces fundraising to fight heart disease, revealed what ranked highest in the list of the most cringe-worthy office situations.
Nearly a quarter of workers in Yorkshire and the Humber voted spilling something down yourself before an important meeting as top of the list, followed by not knowing whether to correct your boss after they call you the wrong name with 22 per cent.
Making small talk by the tea point or microwave came in third place with 17 per cent followed by accidentally clicking reply all to a private email 15 per cent.
The BHF is calling on workers to avoid these socially awkward situations and get to know their colleagues better by holding a fundraising event at work and raising funds your way for life saving research.
Sign up to Raise Funds Your Way at www.bhf.org.uk/yourway
Top ten awkward work situations
1. Spilling something down your clothes before an important meeting
2. When your boss calls you the wrong name and you don’t know whether to correct them
3. Making small talk at the tea point or queuing for the microwave
4. Accidentally clicking reply all to a private email
5. Bumping into a colleague in the toilets - do you say hello?
6. Bumping into a colleague on the way home from work and not knowing what to talk about
7. Being the first person to dig into the team snacks
8. Being too embarrassed to ask someone’s name in a meeting
9. When someone phone goes off in a meeting with an embarrassing ringtone
10. Breaking the printer and walking off without fixing it