A DECISION over who will run the Royal Hall from next April is set to be made in November.
At a meeting on Wednesday night, Harrogate Council’s cabinet agreed unanimously for negotiations to proceed with interested parties.
Angus Houston, director of the Harrogate International Centre, said there had been several approaches from not-for-profit organisations since he began investigating the possibility in June. In his report, he said the Harrogate Theatre Trust was the only organisation to put forward a “substantive expression of interest”.
Among other groups which had had discussions about running the facility was Harrogate International Festivals, which already uses the Royal Hall for a large number of its events.
Although the exact terms of any agreement have yet to be finalised, cabinet members were keen that the chosen operator should support the festival and community groups.