North Yorkshire firefighters tackle chimney fire at property in Harrogate district village

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service responded to reports of a chimney fire at a property in a Harrogate district village yesterday.

A fire crew from Ripon was called to a two-storey detached property in the village of Grantley at 9.53pm on Monday (2 October) to reports of a fire.

The fire was confined to the chimney and was caused by burnt materials in the flue.

The North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service incident report said: “Crews used small tools and a chimney kit to gain access to the chimney and extinguish the fire.”

Comment Guidelines

National World encourages reader discussion on our stories. User feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. Please review our Community Guidelines before commenting.