North Yorkshire firefighters respond to fire at factory in Harrogate district village

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service responded to a fire in the roof of a factory in a Harrogate district village yesterday evening.

Crews from Boroughbridge and Knaresborough responded to a fire in the roof void of a factory on Bar Lane in Roecliffe at 11.06pm yesterday.

The fire was caused by an overheated dehumidifier.

On arrival at the scene, the fire was out and the damage was confined to the humidifier.

Staff at the factory used two fire extinguishers prior to the arrival of the fire service.

Comment Guidelines

National World encourages reader discussion on our stories. User feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. Please review our Community Guidelines before commenting.