Macmillan coffee mornings in Harrogate
The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is Macmillan’s biggest fundraising event.
A number of events are planned across the district on September 26.
- Bilton Area Methodist Church: 10am-noon.
- St James’s Church Hall, Birstwith: 10am-noon. Please come along with your friends and support this wonderful charity.
- Bishop Thornton CE School: 9.30am. The school is hoping that children and staff from Bishop Thornton CE School will be joining them as well as parishioners and friends from the villages.
- Darley Memorial Hall, Sheepcote Lane Darley: Saturday, September 27 from 10am - 1pm. A spokesperson said: “We look forward to another day of friendly chat, wonderful scones and cakes with our tea and coffee. We again have a cake stall, raffle, tombola, and many other stalls. Last year we raised over £4,000. Lets try again to help these wonderful caring people who help so many.”
- Nidderdale High School and Community College: 10-11.30am.The school said: “Please come and join us in school for coffee and cakes. For further details please contact Mrs Eglin in school on 01423 711246.”
- A popular group of choirs will be showing its support on Friday, September 26.
Rock Up and Sing! will be opening the doors of its studio on Claro Road, Harrogate, to serve tea and coffee from 10am-noon. Members are also baking home-made cakes and treats which will be sold for the event.
Musical director Rhiannon Gayle said: “Cancer is something which affects most people at some point in their life, either directly or through their friends or family.
“When that happens, getting the right support and care is vital for everyone involved.
“We’re inviting anyone who wants to show their support to come down to our coffee morning, whether it’s for 10 minutes or an hour, and make a donation to this fantastic charity.”
Rock Up and Sing!’s studio is at Unit 32 Claro Court Business Park, Claro Road, Harrogate, HG1 4BA. Extra parking will be available in the Belzona car park opposite and down Claro Road.
Send your coffee morning images to the newsdesk. Email: [email protected]
Visit http://coffee.macmillan.org.uk/Home.aspx#.VCABSpRdUy4 for more.