Harrogate food outlet Ice Scoop Gelato has been given a zero-star rating for food hygiene, which means that urgent improvement is necessary.
The Kings Road business was inspected on 27 October 2017 by local authority inspectors, and here’s where it failed:
- Hygienic food handling: Improvement necessary
- Cleanliness and condition of facilities and building: Improvement necessary
- Management of food safety: Major improvement necessary
If you wish to see the food safety officer’s report on which this outlet’s rating is based, you can request this from the local authority.
How are food outlets judged on hygiene?
Businesses that serve food are judged on three criteria:
- How hygienically the food is handled – how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
- The condition of the structure of the buildings – the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities
- How the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe