House fire - Somerset Road, Harrogate

editorial image

A man was led to safety from a fire in his home on Somerset Road earlier today (Sunday March 10).

Two fire engines from Harrogate fire station called to the property just after 11.30am after a fire started in the lounge area of a dormer bungalow.

A male occupant was led to safety by police and was given a precautionary check up by paramedics at the scene.

Fire damage was caused in the lounge area and the rest of the property is smoke damaged.