Harrogate house fire believed to be accidental

A large house fire in Harrogate, which spread and caused damaged to another nearby property, is believed to have started accidentally.

Monday, 29th October 2018, 9:09 am
Updated Monday, 29th October 2018, 9:13 am
Forest Lane in Harrogate, Credit Google Maps

Call for vigilance over 'mindless vandalism' on the Stray in HarrogateFirefighters from Harrogate were called out to the house off Forest Lane at 11.32am yesterday (October, 28) after a fire began in a rear bedroom of the property. A piece of ignited material then landed on waste cardboard outside of the property, causing a large fire at the back of the building.This caused damage to guttering, fence and the external wall of a neighboring property.

Sign up to our daily Harrogate Advertiser Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Watch the moment Harrogate fall survivor meets one of his Yorkshire Air Ambulance rescuersDamage was also caused to the floor bedroom and the roof space. North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service say that the cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental.

Harrogate PC set to retire and give the ‘gift of life’ through 120 challengesThe fire was put out by crews using hose reels, breathing apparatus, thermal imaging cameras and a short extension ladder.