Flat destroyed in Harrogate fire

Fire engine. (S)
Fire engine. (S)

A flat in Harrogate has been severely damaged after a fire broke out in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Firefighters from Harrogate and Knaresborough were called out to Park Avenue at around 5.30am yesterday (Sunday, March 30).

They found a flat well alight and firefighters, using specialist breathing apparatus and with the support of an aerial ladder platform, entered the flat and put out the blaze.

Nobody was hurt in the fire but the living room was completely destroyed. The cause is believed to have been a faulty electric blanket.