Woman's drink spiked at popular Harrogate nightspot - police issue statement
Police have issued a fresh warning about the dangers of leaving drinks unattended, after reports of a woman's drink being spiked at a popular Harrogate nightspot.
The incident is believed to have happened in the early hours of the morning on December 8, between 2am and 3am.
A North Yorkshire Police spokesperson said: “I would like to remind people importance of keeping themselves and their friends safe while enjoying their night out. Never leave your drink unattended and don’t accept a drink from someone you don’t know, unless you see it being served. If you suspect that you or a friend’s drink has been tampered with, don't drink it – tell a trusted friend or relative immediately and report it to a member of staff or the police.”
A message shared via the North Yorkshire Police Community Messaging Service, said: "Between late evening on Saturday 7th December, and the early hours of Sunday, December 8th, a lady was drinking in a Harrogate nightspot. She later collapsed and alleged that her drink had been spiked. She has now made a full recovery.
"Please do not leave your drinks unattended and if you see anybody acting in a suspiciously, report it. Be safe and have a Merry Christmas."