A great escape - Snake slithers free from fire in Knaresborough

A savvy snake managed to sliver free from a house fire in Knaresborough last night.
A savvy snake managed to sliver free from a house fire in Knaresborough last night.

A savvy snake managed to slither free from a house fire in Knaresborough last night.

'Save our church gardens' - Plea from Harrogate residents to preserve historic space

Firefighters were called out to the blaze on Hambleton Grove after 10pm, and it is believed to have started in the python's reptile tank.

A North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesperson said: "Crews from Knaresborough and Harrogate responded to reports of smoke inside a bedroom of a domestic property. The heat lamp is believed to have been faulty.

What Sir Bradley Wiggins says about his Harrogate visit

"Crews extinguished the fire using a hose reel and breathing apparatus. Minor damage to the tank and lamp only. The lucky python escaped."