This is how top Harrogate restaurant William & Vics are preparing to ensure the safety of their customers
In the context of the general nature of Government guidance, it has been up to every cafe, bar and restaurant to decide exactly how it will reopen in a way which ensures the safety of customers during the pandemic.
William & Vics, one of Harrogate’s most popular and highly respected restaurants ready to reopen this Saturday is living up its reputation by introducing a detailed list of protective measures.
Jo, pictured, and David Straker at William & Vic say they are “excited to open our doors and welcome everyone back with a a friendly welcome, excellent service and the same great food and wine.”
But, they add, “some adjustments have been made to ensure safety and comfort during your visit and make sure we are Covid-19 secure.”
From the moment a diner arrives at William & Vic restaurant on Cold Bath Road in Harrogate, having booked in advance, where they will be greeted by a member of staff at the door and
then from everything from to browsing an individual one-use menus to, even, being advised by a member of staff if the toilet is free, the experience has been carefully mapped out:
* Hand sanitising stations have been set up at entrance and exit points and on the way to toilets and we encourage customers to use these on arrival and departure;
* Tables spaced to comply with the 1m+ guidelines and staggered arrival times.
* Screens have been fitted ready for the reopening.
* Extended opening on Saturdays, food served all day and Sunday noon until 6pm;
* Staff will be issued with visors and/or face masks;
* Additional signage installed to assist diners;
* Drinks orders will be taken and brought directly to your table and you will receive full table service as normal observing 1m+ guidelines;
* Individual one-use menus will be on the table ready for you along with a wine list on the reverse. Specials written on the boards;
* Condiments will be brought on request. These will be sanitised between customer use. All tables and chairs will be wiped and sanitised between customers;
* Diners must reserve a table before visiting by email via its website or by telephone.