Rejected plans for 74 houses at Bogs Lane get the go ahead.

tis. The area around Bogs Lane in Starbeck. 091029GS4c.

tis. The area around Bogs Lane in Starbeck. 091029GS4c.

0
Have your say

Controversial plans for 74 houses at Bogs Lane were granted planning permission by the District Development Sub-commitee last week.

Miller Homes Ltd’s plans were rejected by Harrogate Borough Council’s planning committee earlier this month, however they were passed by a majority vote at a meeting last Thursday (January 24).

District Development Sub-committee member Coun Don Mackenzie said: “We took into account that the developers would have had an appeal, and we have to consider the cost of appeals to the tax-payer.

“Most concerns related to traffic and the developers have offered to pay for a set of traffic lights, something North Yorkshire County Council wouldn’t have the budget for otherwise.”

Miller Homes ltd’s plans for 103 houses for the same site were rejected in September 2012. They appealed this decision and the inquiry is expected to be held on March 5.

Howard Mee, area land and planning director for Miller Homes Yorkshire, said:“We are currently considering our position for the alternative 103 units which are subject to a Planning Inquiry in March.”