Man taken to hospital after Harrogate fire

Fire crews attended the incident

Fire crews attended the incident

0
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital after suffering burns during a basement flat fire in Harrogate this morning.

Fire crews were called to a Kings Road property at 1.57am, to deal with a fire from the power socket of a storage heater.

The unnamed man suffered burns to his fingers.

Crews administered first aid before ambulance crews took the man to Harrogate District Hospital.

A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “One male occupant from the flat suffered minor burns to his fingers.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be defective electrics.”

Damage was restricted to the area around the socket.

Two appliances from Harrogate and one from Knaresborough attended the incident.

The flat is on the basement level of a three-storey building.