Man in hospital after Harrogate flat fire

editorial image

A man has been taken to hospital after a pan fire escalated at a Harrogate flat last night.

The blaze started in a first-floor flat on Cheltenham Mount at around 11.35pm.

Firefighters from Knaresborough and Harrogate forced inside the flat and rescued the man.

Paramedics then took the man to hospital but his condition is not yet known.

The fire caused extensive damage to the flat’s kitchen and smoke damage to the building’s communal stairway.

Fire crews attended the scene for more than two hours and believe the blaze started due to a pan being left unattended.