Man hospitalised after Bilton house blaze

Harrogate crews responded to the blaze on Saturday morning

Harrogate crews responded to the blaze on Saturday morning

0
Have your say

Fire crews were called to a house fire in the Dene Park area of Bilton, in Harrogate, early on Saturday morning.

One man at the scene was led to safety by North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.

He was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation, before being transported to Harrogate District Hospital for further treatment.

It is believed the fire was started by a candle being lit on a shelf, and igniting a calendar hanging above it.

The calendar was destroyed, and heat damage occurred to the wall.

Harrogate crews used one hose reel to extinguish the blaze, responding at around 5am on Saturday.