DCSIMG

Elderly woman taken to hospital after house fire

Fire engine.

Fire engine.

 

An elderly woman has suffered smoke inhalation after an armchair caught alight in her home.

Fire crews from Harrogate were called to the blaze on Hill Rise Avenue at around 3am after a neighbour called 999.

A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: “Fortunately smoke alarms were fitted in the property, they activated and raised the alarm to a neighbour.

“An elderly lady in the property at the time suffered smoke inhalation and has been taken to hospital.”

The cause of the fire is believed to be due to an angle-poise lamp sitting too close to the armchair.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page