DCSIMG

Cigarette starts Harrogate blaze

editorial image

editorial image

Pensioners in sheltered housing had a lucky escape after a fire broke out at Montpellier Court today.

Fire crews from Harrogate and Ripon station were called to attend the fire, which was “well-alight” at the housing accommodation on Cold Bath Road just after 4.15pm.

The blaze had been started by a discarded cigarette from a rubbish chute on the ground floor premises, causing parts of the building to become “smoke-logged” a spokesman for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

Officers in charge extinguished the fire in under one hour and nobody is believed to have been injured.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page