Welcome to a great new day out feature, spotlighting the ‘hidden’ gems of Yorkshire. Each week we will spotlight a less well-known location over the summer - and you can suggest your ideas too.
Tweet your suggestions and pictures of yourself and family or friends at any of the places to #hiddenyorkshire or email email@example.com.
Click the links to see the places we’ve covered so far...
• The mini-minster of St Gregory and the Hyena Caves
• Shibden Hall
• Coldstones Cut
• Fewston Reservoir
• The monolith of the East Riding
• Brockadale Nature Reserve
• Ponderosa, Heckmondwike
• Aldborough Roman Site
• Oakwell Hall and country park, Birstall, Batley
• Bronze age rock art near Robin Hood’s Bay
• Thruscross Reservoir and Washburn Valley
• The tropics... at Roundhay Park
• Scarborough church that became pre-Raphaelite gem
• Bankfield Museum, Halifax
• Druid’s Temple, Ilton, Masham, North Yorkshire
• The Hollies, Meanwood, Leeds (Click the screen above to watch video)