Man hospitalised after Bilton house blaze
Fire crews were called to a house fire in the Dene Park area of Bilton, in Harrogate, early on Saturday morning.
One man at the scene was led to safety by North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
He was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation, before being transported to Harrogate District Hospital for further treatment.
It is believed the fire was started by a candle being lit on a shelf, and igniting a calendar hanging above it.
The calendar was destroyed, and heat damage occurred to the wall.
Harrogate crews used one hose reel to extinguish the blaze, responding at around 5am on Saturday.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Harrogate
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 26 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 4 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North