Grill pan fire sparks blaze

0
Have your say

AN ELDERLY resident was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a flat in Cold Bath Road last Thursday night.

Fire crews from Harrogate and Knaresborough were called to the scene at the Adelphi residential home shortly after 8pm, to reports of a fire in the kitchen.

They believe the blaze was sparked by a grill pan which had been left unattended, causing smoke damage to the whole of the room.

Paramedics at the scene treated an elderly resident for smoke inhalation, a spokesman for the fire service said.

They did not need hospital treatment.