Fire destroys Knaresborough garage

Fire Service.Generic Fire engine and Fire service officers for Scarborough.Picture Richard Ponter 132217c

Fire Service.Generic Fire engine and Fire service officers for Scarborough.Picture Richard Ponter 132217c

0
Have your say

A faulty fridge sparked a fire in Knaresborough which has completely destroyed a detached garage.

Firefighters from Knaresborough and Harrogate were called out to the site on Wetherby Road in the early hours of the morning on Monday, April 27, at around 3.50am.

An adjacent garage was also damaged by the force of the blaze, a spokesman for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (NYFRS) said, while three camping gas cyclinders outside the building were cooled down afterwards as a precaution to prevent an explosion.