Fire destroys Knaresborough garage

Fire crews from across the county were called to a garage fire in Knaresborough on Friday evening. (S)

Fire crews from across the county were called to a garage fire in Knaresborough on Friday evening. (S)

0
Have your say

A FIERCE fire which broke out in a garage in Knaresborough was caused by hot ashes, firefighters have said.

The fire had taken hold in a two-storey garage and had caused “severe damage” to a semi-detached house it was adjoined to, a spokesman for the North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

Crowds had gathered to watch as firefighters fought to dampen the flames but a spokesman said it did spread into the roof of a neighbouring property.

The cause is believed to have been hot ashes left in a bucket, she added.