Customers sprinkled

0
Have your say

A FIRE which broke out in the toilets at Harrogate’s Asda store on Monday night set off the building’s sprinkler system, dousing shoppers with water and causing the building to be evacuated.

A spokesman for Asda said: “Unfortunately, a small fire in one of the bins in our men’s toilets set off the sprinkler system in store on Monday evening.

“Thankfully, no-one was hurt and the fire service were quick to respond, meaning the store was only closed for a short time.

“We’re all dried out and open as normal - and working with the authorities to understand how the fire could have started.”