Police in Harrogate are appealing for witnesses or information about the following crimes which have been reported in the town in the past week.
- A striped Giant Sierra road bike was stolen from the rear of a property on Dragon Avenue overnight between June 17 and 18.
- Between June 18 and 19, a stone lion was taken from the garden of a Norwich Drive property.
- A chainsaw and drill were stolen from a shed on Harlow Park Drive at approximately 10.40am on June 18.
- Police also want information after damage was done to a parked car on Trafalgar Road between June 18 and 19.
- Burglars took a handbag in a nighttime raid on a property on St Clements Road on June 21.
- On Thursday, a metal grille was stolen from outside premises on Prospect Road between 9am and 5pm.
- An iPad was stolen from the front garden of a Wharfedale Avenue house on Monday between 6.15pm and 6.20pm.
- A number of elderly people have been targeted by fraudsters in Harrogate this week. In each case, victims are contacted by phone, and coerced into handing over bank cards.
A North Yorkshire Police spokesperson warned: “Never disclose bank account details, PIN numbers or hand over bank cards to anyone who purports to be from a bank, either over the phone or in person, other than at a branch of the bank itself.”
Anyone with information about any of these crimes is urged to contact police on 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.